Commercial tiling projects
When, finishing the floor for stores, commercial areas of different purposes, the best option can be considered a tile. It has a considerable number of different shapes, textures, sizes and a variety of colors. It is distinguished by its strength and durability, will be an excellent option for flooring in stores and other public places.
Requirements for floors in commercial premises
There are strict requirements when choosing tiles as flooring. The right choice is very important. Choosing the right flooring is not difficult if you follow some rules and parameters. Given the very high intensity of movement of people and various objects in public facilities, stores, supermarkets, retail facilities, special requirements are: wear resistance, safety, hardness and aesthetics.
The main safety requirement: the tiles must be slip-resistant. To resist slipping on a dry sloping surface use corundum coating on its surface.
High level of hardness and resistance, as well as chemical influences and pollution should have floor tiles in stores, supermarkets, retail facilities and public areas.
To avoid splitting when falling on it heavy objects find out its resistance to bending. As a rule, it determines its strength during its use.
The ability to resist different conditions of temperature and humidity are also very important in the selection.
Abrupt changes in temperature should not cause the destruction of the surface. Frost resistance is directly related to its porosity. Less porous tiles are much less susceptible to freezing, while porous tiles are the opposite.
Aesthetics will affect the appearance of the floor. The choice of design directly depends on the purpose of the room for which it is intended. It must necessarily be combined with the rest of the finishing of the room.
The use of commercial tiles
The variety of tiles is very high and therefore it can be used in absolutely different rooms, from the grocery store to the work shop.
Commercial enterprises (stores, shopping centers) have two different areas, these are salesrooms and storage areas. In smaller stores, where the movement of goods carried by small carts, you can use the traditional technology of tile floors. In the case of the movement of loading equipment needs to reinforce the floors. Reinforced should be as a screed with a higher grade of cement for better setting.
- Transport facilities (stations, railway stations, airports). At such sites use reinforced floor and reinforced screed, and tile.
- Catering facilities essentially have the same features of the floor structures as commercial facilities.
- Car dealerships and service stations may require gres tile as a separate flooring technology that can withstand heavy loads.
- In industrial workshops, where there is no need to move large loads, it is possible to use the traditional technology of its laying.
- Administrative buildings require a traditional laying technique, but the tile itself must be sufficiently resistant to wear and tear because of the large number of people involved.
- Post offices, like stores, are divided into a customer area and a storage area, so the requirements are the same as in stores.
- Nightclubs and leisure facilities require the use of traditional technology of its laying, this. important durability, as well as, some of the requirements of designers can dictate solutions visual properties. Also, it is important that in such institutions tile is not slippery.
- Sports complexes with swimming pools. It is widely used for finishing bowls of swimming pools, because, it does not succumb to the influence of water and additional substances that are added to the water in sports complexes.
- Workshops of various types. At such facilities, it is important that the material is heat-resistant and water-resistant, so it is more suitable than all other types of floors in most workshops for the repair and production of various types of equipment.
- Public restrooms and showers require water-resistant materials for floors and walls, so, most facilities use tile.
Advantages of using tiles in commercial premises
Of all types of flooring, the most popular and best-selling are linoleum, laminate, and tile.
The popularity of linoleum can be explained by its low cost and ease of installation on the floor.
Another popular flooring material is laminate. This material, as well as linoleum inferior tile.
- Durable substrate - withstands many physical stresses within acceptable limits, and depending on the thickness, not all flooring can exhibit such performance;
- Water absorption (always specify the level of absorption ratio), other coatings can not always boast of such a feature, the emergence of condensation or puddles can adversely affect the operation;
- High level of wear resistance (there are 5 categories) - takes into account the many mechanical friction, which in other coatings can lead to abrasion of the floor covering;
- Fire resistance - unlike, for example, asphalt, which at high temperatures can begin to melt;
- Eco-friendliness - in today's world, a lot of attention is paid to the environment during construction works. So many other coatings are not as high environmental indicators of the material used for their manufacture.
In conclusion, we can say that ceramic tiles are best suited for finishing floors in offices, retail, warehouse and public spaces. One of the most durable and beautiful options.
If you require qualified tilting contractor, please feel free to contact us by phone or through contacts.
Have a nice day!